The Most Common Questions I Get From Clients
See below for Pre-Tan Prep Instructions. It is essential to follow these steps to get the best results from your spray tan.
All other beauty services should be completed 1-2 days before spray tanning. This includes lashes, waxing, manicures, pedicures, facials, etc. A spray tan should be the last treatment on your beauty "to-do" list.
You can cover as much or as little as you like during your tan. Some like to spray nude, while others prefer to wear a swimsuit. It is whatever you are comfortable with. This is a judgement free zone! Have hair pulled up and away from face, neck, and shoulders.
After your tan, it is best to wear loose, dark clothing and flip-flops. Do not wear tight-fitting clothes or closed-toed shoes and socks. This can cause the tan to rub off, causing unwanted results.
Following all post tan instructions is essential to achieving the best results from your spray tan. To increase your tan's longevity, follow all maintenance instructions.
Look for products that contain shea butter, hyaluronic acid, aloe, and vitamins A & E. Avoid products that have alcohol, mineral oil, palm oil, petroleum, or coconut oil.
Hempz, Cetaphil, Shea Moisture, CeraVe, Sun Bum
Bath & Body Works, Dove, Irish Spring, Dove, Dial
This list isn't all-inclusive. Check the labels.
The entire process takes about 30 minutes, from start to finish.
After the first rinse, it may look like you are no longer tan. That is the cosmetic bronzer that has washed off. You will see the full color after 24 hours after your spray.
The typical spray tan will last 5-10 days with proper care and upkeep. It is important to follow all pre and post-tan care directions to get the best quality tan possible.
No, absolutely not! I only use solution that is made of the highest quality, natural ingredients.
DHA is an ingredient derived from sugar cane and beets, which reacts with the amino acids in the skin to create the darkening reaction or tan.
Prep spray gently exfoliates and cleans the skin's surface by removing leftover lotion, soap, make-up, or deodorant. It ensures your skin is fully prepped for spray tanning to get optimal results.
Finishing power is applied immediately after your spray tan. It helps the bronzer remain fresh and prevents it from transferring to other surfaces. Finishing powder also helps set, seal, and dry the freshly applied spray tan.
Yes. Chlorine and salt water can break down the tan and dry your skin. Make sure to apply a spray tan-safe sunscreen, like Sun Bum lotion, to create a barrier between the water and your skin. Rinse with fresh water after getting out of the water. Limit time in the hot tub as the hot water and chemicals can also break down the tan.
Yes! Spray tanning will not protect your skin from harmful UV rays. I recommend Sun Bum sunscreen lotion.
No. The visible effects of peeling skin will be much more noticeable. The only way to cover that will be body make-up. Spray tan solution can even cause the skin to peel much sooner. If you have had sunburn in the last 3 months, there is a risk your tan will peel.
Consult with your doctor to determine if spray tanning is right for you.
I will come to your desired location and spray you on-site. I bring a spray tan tent and need an open area to set up with a good lighting and an electrical outlet.
Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will be charged 50% of the booked service fee. Appointments canceled within 12 hours of the service and no-call, no-shows will be charged 100% of the reserved service fee.
Pre-Tan & Post-Tan Care
- Keep any beauty services, such as manicures and pedicures, before your tanning appointment.
- Shave or wax 8-24 hours before your tan. Do not shave right before your session.
- Exfoliate using a natural sugar scrub. It is best to do this in the days leading up to your tan to remove dead skin cells and reveal fresh new skin.
- Shower using a natural shower gel to remove any lotion, deodorant, perfumes, and make-up. Avoid any containing excessive moisturizers.
- Wear loose-fitting dark clothes and loose shoes to your appointment.
- Do not apply any lotions, deodorant, perfumes, or make-up before your appointment. These can cause the tan to streak or prevent it from being absorbed into the skin, creating unwanted results.
- Take a 1-minute warm water rinse at your designated rinse time.
- Bronzers will rinse off and your tan will continue to develop over the next 24 hours.
- Moisturize with a natural lotion after rinsing.
- Wait 24 hours before showering with soaps, shampoos, and lotions.
- Avoid loofahs and bath scrubs.
- Use natural sulfate-free body wash and avoid Dove.
- Wait at least 24 hours before going in the pool or ocean.
- Always pat dry. Do not scrub or rub.
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize every day with a natural body lotion.
- When your tan begins to fade, use a gentle exfoliant to help the tan fade naturally and prepare for your next spray tan.
- Use of swimming pools and hot tubs will cause the tan to fade faster.
- Always wear sunscreen! Spray tan solution does not contain any SPF.